Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y
Calvin Calvin is offline

Default Broken touch sensitive lamp

Deryck wrote:

I've got a bed side lamp which, in normal operation, if I touch the base
once it comes on, I touch it again it gets brighter, I touch it again it
gets brighter still, I touch it again and it turns off. Except now, after
changing the bulb, it is always on and at the brightest setting. Before I
cut the flex and put a switch in it can anyone suggest what the fault may be
and how it could be repaired? I could just sling it and buy another but it
is one of a matching pair so I would probably end up buying 2.

TIA,

Deryck

My guess is that it doesn't like the new bulb. What sort of bulb was
in it before? Conventional or Enery Saving (CFL)? What wattage?
What sort have you put in it now?
As an experiment you could try a boring old conventional bulb just to
check.

I've X-posted to uk.d-i-y as there are many posters there who might be
able to help.