Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default RCD's - why 30mA?

In article ,
Ron Lowe ronATlowe-famlyDOTmeDOTukSPURIOUS wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Ron Lowe ronATlowe-famlyDOTmeDOTukSPURIOUS wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
Musing about this I know SCART doesn't allow HD - but why not? There
are so many versions why not just one more?

Well, it could. There's no technical reason you can't send HD over a
SCART RGB.

But there's no point, because content providers increasingly decree that
analog HD must be disabled, and that you must go over HDMI which
supports DHCP. They flag the content to prevent analog HD output.

So I can't see any mfr investing in HD-over-SCART, when it just won't
work for much of the content.

So why enable it on Y Pb Pr?

It's only been enabled over component historically.

I think that analog option is going to dissapear in newer equipment.

I'm sure it will - components were never that popular on European
equipment anyway. And HDMI is the 21st century version of SCART, I suppose.

--
*Shin: a device for finding furniture in the dark *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.