Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ron Lowe Ron Lowe is offline

Default RCD's - why 30mA?

"John Stumbles" wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 14:26:17 +0000, Ron Lowe wrote:

But there's no point, because content providers increasingly decree that
analog HD must be disabled, and that you must go over HDMI which
supports DHCP. They flag the content to prevent analog HD output.

Er, I think you mean DRM - copy protection to you & me, Digital Rights
Management to pointed haired corporate speaks.

I actually meant HDCP ( not DHCP! )
Which is a method of implimenting DRM.
Specifically, on the link between the player and display.

ISTR reading recently that blu-ray copy protection had already been
cracked.

It's an on-going battle.
Slysoft's AnyDVD-HD has cracked the AACS protection.
Blu-Ray retaliated with BD+.
Slysoft cracked BD+.
There's currently a new version of BD+ which Slysoft's developers claim will
take a couple of months to crack.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=21985

--
Ron