Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default How does epoxy spray paint work, and should I paint at all?

clipped

If this works, I'll look for a job in a clean room, or doing semi-
robotic surgery.

I have a friend who worked in a van conversion factory. She told me
about an employee
there who worked in the paint spraying operation. That guy went out to
the break room
one morning, got his coffee, sat down and lit a ciggie. He set his
clothing on fire, apparently
from the paint fumes absorbed. All moved quickly, no serious injury.

I used to do my messy work late at night, after children were in bed. I
was painting the
kitchen and had a bad stain to deal with. I had a spray can of
shellac-based primer that
I sprayed liberally onto the stained ceiling. It was a very warm, still
summer night. Windows open,
no breeze. The kitchen was full of paint mist, very dense, when I
remembered I had forgotten
to extinguish the pilot on the gas range. My first thought was to run
outside, but remembered
sleeping family ) I got under the plastic tarp on the range and blew
out the pilot real
quick. Didn't worry at the time about what I was breathing.

Later in the same project, I was trimming wallpaper around the wall
switch for the lights.
Utility knife hit the contact and burned a nice little notch in the
blade. Fortunately, I think,
I was wearing rubber gloves ) I've learned a great deal from my
mistakes )