Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default How does epoxy spray paint work, and should I paint at all?

clipped

You could also
fashion a barrier around
what you are painting with clear plastic and have nothing to inhale.

That is just a great idea. Great, great, GREAT. It will also keep
spray from drifting onto everything else, which I didn't even ask
about, because I thought it was hopeless and decided it was a burden I
would bear. (There is little there to protect, but the overspray, even
on a cardboard box would annoy me.) I've got lots of thin,
transparent, plastic drop clothes. Maybe I'll hang the middle of it
from the ceiling, and tape the sides lightly to the top and front of
the washing machine. Thanks a lot.

If this works, I'll look for a job in a clean room, or doing semi-
robotic surgery.

You might want to investigate Preval sprayers, which are for using with
your own paint. They
are a jar with aerosol can attached, hold about 8 oz.. They are great
for small jobs, have a more even spray
pattern than some aerosol cans and you can use your own paint. I use
them for craft
projects, louvered doors, etc. I repainted our old range hood using
Rustoleum primer
and enamel. Paint needs to be thinned a bit, following label advice.
The range hood
looks just about like new. The spray doesn't drift much, but need to
mask nearby stuff.
I painted the hood in my kitchen, with brand-new kitchen cabinets right
above. In case
of runs, I keep a small foam brush wrung out with mineral spirits to
catch runs before
they begin to set. I have purchased Preval sprayers at HD and at paint
store.