Posted to uk.d-i-y
YAPH YAPH is offline

Default A really bad piece of work.

On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 15:35:31 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Think 'the law' has proved it needs questioning on things technical.
Many many times. Too many axes being ground when forming such
legislation and politicians and civil servants too thick to know when
the wool is being pulled over their eyes.

In the case of the gas regs the law (as enacted by our finest at
Westminster) has fairly sensibly delegated the more technical details to
secondary legislation (the GSIUR) written by those with a little more
clue, and the finer detail (actual industry practices, and assessment for
registration) to those who may actually have knowledge and experience
in the matters. By no means perfect but imagine what might happen if the
politicos tried to legislate directly what sort of flux we should be using!

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

I am neither for nor against apathy