Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A really bad piece of work.

Ron Lowe wrote:
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
et...
dennis@home wrote:

"Ed Sirett" wrote:

http://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/HNTphotos/100_0272.JPG

Doesn't removing the bayonet turn off the gas?

It does, but only if the bayonet "socket" is on the supply side and
the bayonet "plug" is the appliance side.

So a gas bayonet arangement only seals of at the 'fitting' side, not
the 'hose' side when the connection is broken?

( I've never seen one. )

Yuk.
Double-Yuk.

What a cheap-skate arrangement. Works fine so long as no-one screws
up.
All the hydraulic and compressed air pipework I deal with at work
seals at both ends of the coupling when disconnected.
Why the heck is it not fail-safe in this error condition?

Thats a very good point Ron. Hydraulic connecters are all like that as you
say. I've even seen them on carpet cleaning machines & pressure wash
systems. Why not gas?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk