Posted to alt.architecture,alt.home.repair
[email protected] creative1985@gmail.com is offline

Default ****t

"Info" wrote:
Yikes! That's just insane! Why does anyone ever get married in those
states? Co-mingling finances is a recipe for disaster.

Indeed, its the root of many divorces, money issues.
In the beginning my wife and I co-mingled money and did nothing but
argue, about spending and saving differences.
Then, we split it out, what was hers was hers and what was mine was
mine.
She got an account and I got an account and we got a joint account for
just the joint household bills: house payment, utilities.
Food and other miscellaneous things were paid by each of us
seperately.
And the arguing about money ceased.
We also file taxes seperately too.
We probably pay more that way but again, we argue less, and thats
priceless.

Now, I no longer believe in marriage and believe there is more
liability than it is worth.
The understanding between my lifemate and I is no ones business but
our own and the state needs to stay out of it.