Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia[_3_] Jeff Wisnia[_3_] is offline

Default How to get a zipper back on track (must slip 3 "notches")?

Jon Danniken wrote:

"David Combs" wrote:

I stupidly zipped up my coat when I hadn't perfectly
lined-up the bottom ends of the two sides.

(Actually, it's been acting up a bit (getting old?) and
the "male" left side bottom-end doesn't so easily and surely slip into
the matching "female" right side.)

Anyway, it's zipped up a couple of inches, but off by 3 or so
"notches" (due to that male-female problem).

Any idea on how to get it unzipped?

Zippers wear out, sometimes before the coat does.

You can buy a new zipper, and sew it onto the coat.

Jon

If you do that, make sure you purchase a man's zipper, not a woman's one.

I bought what was clearly described as a man's jacket online from Kohl's
last year and what came had a woman''s zipper on it.

It was so frustrating to have to fumble with the zipper whenever I
decided to wear that jacket that I returned it and got my money back.

Old habits are hard to break....

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia