Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_2_] John R. Carroll[_2_] is offline

Default Anyone here experienced in (homebrewed) Cryo-Treatment of O-1 ??

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Buerste" wrote in message

snip

What I wonder is what other factoid just dribbled out my ear to make room
for it. Too many tidbits, too little bubble memory...

If it were something GM or Chrysler related you won't have lost anything
useful.
Both will be gone by the end of Q1.
GM's strategic plan is particularly laughable unless they pull it off. Then
Waggoner will be hailed as a genius.

GM, on the one hand, is before Congress begging for money as an auto
manufacturer but, on the other hand, if their application for a bank
charter to become a bank holding company is approved they will have to quit
building cars by LAW!
Too Funny!

I wonder if those retards on the Hill have put two and two together or even
if they can count as high as two?
..
That's why GM doesn't want to BK. Should they go that route their
application for a charter can't go forward and they will not be able to tap
the TARP pot.

You know Ed, I nearly wet myself laughing when I watched Waggoner testify
that he wanted to avoid BK proceedings "because it would be incredibly
complicated" given the number of creditors and so forth. No ****, I couldn't
believe he had actually been dumb enough to raise the issue in the way he
did. GM has it's beady little eyes on the prize and it isn't a few billion
dollars worth of loans they are interested in, it's 100 billion in liquidity
and another 100 billion in toxic asset disposal that they will have as a
BANK!

I probably shouldn't have pointed this out. George will now likely proceed
to blow a gasket realizing how he's been had.
Sorry George, my bad. G

JC