Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Anyone here experienced in (homebrewed) Cryo-Treatment of O-1 ??

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Buerste" wrote in message

snip

That's interesting, and curious. I can't imagine how that works but maybe
I'll look it up sometime. Given the state of publishing about
manufacturing, there isn't likely to be a reason for me to do so. d8-)

As you approach absolute zero and migration occurs, the matrix aligns
itself along the direction of movement.
I have the data and analysis here and could write this up myself if I
cared. That thing with all of the nipples was the impetus.
Did a lot of testing before that was built. A lot, and not just in the HT
area.

JC

It's still interesting. That whole side of physics is unknown to me. I had a
friend in high school who became a cryo physicist, but I never talked with
him about it and I've long lost track of him. He said it was all surprising
stuff, where materials become sort of...incontinent. g

--
Ed Huntress