Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Who is responsible for tree growing over wall?

robgraham wrote:
On 6 Dec, 15:41, Timothy Murphy wrote:
The neighbour B of my friend and neighbour A
has cut down branches of shrubs
planted in A's garden but growing on B's side of the wall,
and has thrown the material (quite a large amount) over the wall.

What is the legal position about trees and shrubs
growing from one property over a neighbour's property?
I assume the neighbour is entitled to cut down the material
on his side of the wall,
but who is responsible for disposing of this material?

Any advice gratefully received.

Neighbour B has exercised his prerogative to trim any branches growing
over to his side of the fence and has further returned A's property to
him. B's actions are correct

Allbeit not very diplomatic. He would have been much better off discussing
the matter with your mate in a friendly manner and reaching an amicable
agreement.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk