Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default A really bad piece of work.

"YAPH" wrote in message

I had to walk away from fitting a hob this week because it didn't have the
manufacturer's instructions (or even a data plate) and was missing
any fixing clamps. According to the customer (who'd bought it on the
interweb) the MIs (which he's getting the seller to send) say that the hob
is secured by the sealing strips. Sounds dodgy to me, but if that's what
it says in the MIs then that's OK.

It sounds so dodgy that I wouldn't have bought it let alone fixed it if it
didn't have a mechanical fixing.

However if I'd fitted it like that in
the absence of instructions to that effect and there'd been any comeback
I'd have had the book thrown at me.

Even if you follow the instructions there is still a duty of care on your
part.