Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default A really bad piece of work.

YAPH wrote:
On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 15:17:53 +0000, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

The two parallel threaded joints into the barrel.

Possibly - I wasn't thinking of that.

I'm looking at the nut on the pipe that descends from the back of the
cooker. It looks like the arrangement where the end of the pipe is flared
into a flange and the nut is loose on the pipe and, when tightened into an
appropriate fitting, pushes the flange into the fitting to form the seal,
using a fibre washer. The joint therefore doesn't seal on the thread and
the PTFE tape in the picture suggests a cowboy attempt to seal the
joint by throwing tape at it.

The wispy bits of PTFE between the two brass fittings looks like water
grade tape, not the much ticker gas tape. (There was an example of
this on the spot-the-bloomers test at my ACS assessment centre!)

Oh and there's that bayonet ... :-)

and the elbow not being screwed to the wall...

and (although this might be the camera angle) no evidence of any anti
tilt bracket or chain

--
Cheers,

John.