Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default A really bad piece of work.

Tim S wrote:

BES description is "Paste flux for copper and brass fittings for water,
heating and gas services. British Gas plc, WRc plc approved."

Personally I can't see many standard fluxes eating right through dry copper
pipe (it's quite thick) in any reasonable timescale...

but...

The reason I asked, is that, if I did solder a gas pipe, I'd rather do it by
the book, even if the book is a bit *nal

Indeed. The risk with copper will be slim. Something like the stainless
anaconda pipes adjacent to the meter are however far more vulnerable
to stray flux damage.

Erm, yes. Silly typo. Next time I'll just say "leaded plumbing solder", as
opposed to unleaded.

Good point actually, I presume lead free is also ok for gas these days,
but is there an official position on it?

--
Cheers,

John.