Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Who is responsible for tree growing over wall?

In article ,
Timothy Murphy writes:
The neighbour B of my friend and neighbour A
has cut down branches of shrubs
planted in A's garden but growing on B's side of the wall,
and has thrown the material (quite a large amount) over the wall.

That is exactly what B is allowed to do (but B mustn't
do any damage on A's property, such as chucking the
cuttings through a greenhouse window).

What is the legal position about trees and shrubs
growing from one property over a neighbour's property?
I assume the neighbour is entitled to cut down the material
on his side of the wall,
but who is responsible for disposing of this material?

A.

Any advice gratefully received.

It would have been better is B had talked with A first.

--
Andrew Gabriel