Posted to uk.d-i-y
YAPH YAPH is offline

Default A really bad piece of work.

On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 13:23:10 +0000, Ed Sirett wrote:

A strict interpretation would be that the sleeve must be steel or
copper. A looser interpretation would be that the sleeve must be a
material that COULD carry gas but MIGHT not be used for that purpose.

I've been meaning to blag a bit of yellow PE when I next see a roadside
gas replacement going on. No-one could argue that it's unsuitable for
carrying gas, it'd identify the pipe it's sleeving as gas, and it'd not be
likely to itself corrode in the wall as a copper sleeve could do.

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

Pessimists are never disappointed