Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jonathon Jonathon is offline

Default Garage Heating advice please.

On 6 Dec 2008 11:28:24 GMT, Huge wrote:

On 2008-12-06, George (dicegeorge) wrote:

What is the most economical (cheapest) method of keeping the chill off
the air in a brieze-block built garage? Mine is like a morgue!
Advice will be very much appreciated.

stop the draughts - a blanket at the door gap?

I'd be inclined to arrange some old blankets (get them from a charity shop if
you don't have any) as a "curtain" over the door. Make sure there are no
draughts from the window (tape plastic over it, if necessary) and consider
getting one of those heaters that runs on sump oil ...

(I once swapped the engine in a Mini, outdoors, in the blowing snow. Never
again.)

I've tried blankets and door seals without success.
Jon