Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 32" tube TV distortion

On Dec 5, 1:34*pm, dke3591 wrote:
My TV is about 11 years old, it's a 32 inch tube Toshiba. It's a model
CF32G50, manufacture date, August 1997, and the chassis number is TAC
9715.

The distortion is sort of like half circles on both sides of the
screen, with "rays" that "flutter". The middle of the screen is
brighter, but can only really see that if I have a solid light color
background, such as a webpage displayed, or a menu for the DVD player.

I could see the pattern at times even when watching regular TV when I
first bought it. I called repair out twice after purchase and they
couldn't find anything "off", so I had this problem the whole time I
had the TV.

Now that I'm using the TV also to display my computer, it's really
bringing the defect out, especially on static screens where one color
dominates. Very irritating. *Not absolutely sure, but I think my TV
may have an automatic degausser built in. The TV has never been
dropped or damaged, and I've had the TV in about 5 different houses
now.

I linked a crude drawing as it's about impossible to take a decent
picture of a TV screen, link below.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v7...action=view¤t=...

Any info helpful if it's something that can be taken care of
reasonably easy. Thanks much.

Could this guy be describing a moire pattermn?

Bob Hofmann