Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default OT - Is it really worth saving any more?

"Charlie Groh" wrote in message
...IMHO those who carry loaded weapons in a car and go out drinking
for the evening are not "average" people...not by a (forgive the pun)
long shot. And, were those guns registered to those "average" people?

Well, I'd have to agree with you, because nobody except the police are
registered to carry weapons. The only other registration that goes on here
is to own a gun and a permit to transport it to places like a gun club. And,
it's even more difficult than ever to get those permits.

This is a great example of drugs (alcohol) and guns don't mix.

That's one point that I'm trying to get across. When you add alcohol to any
situation, it usually exacerbates it. If the population at large has the
right to bear arms and they're more guns around, what happens when alcohol
is thrown into the mix?

I *loved* Toronto when up there in the late 70's for a brief visit. I
was still kinda wild and crazy, the bars were amazing and
prolific...I'm NOT a crusader, but since I stopped ingesting that

Things *have* changed since the 70's, everywhere. There's an attitude of
entitlement and "don't screw with me" that seems to be very pervasive. When
I was a kid, a fight was using your fists and you might get the crap beat
out of you, but you usually lived. It seems when there's a fight these days,
someone always has a gun or a knife and a fight often results in someone
dying. It's just not the same anymore and I feel for kids in school who have
to deal with this **** day in and day out.