Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default OT - Is it really worth saving any more?

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
Of the two links you cite above, only one really rises the the "normal
citizen who decided to carry a gun that day" The case of the two men
returning still falls under a pre-meditated act.

While the period of time necessary for pre-mediation to exist varies to a
certain amount, leaving a bar angry and coming back within a few minutes
doesn't fall into the pre-meditation category as far as I'm concerned. He
was angry when he left and was still under the same cloud of anger when he
came back and pulled the trigger. Nevertheless, it's obvious whatever I say
or what proof I provide isn't going to change your mind.

cases that appear to get a great deal of highly charged press, you are not
informed of the many times when a law abiding citizen with a gun prevents
violence to themselves or loved ones.

That statement is meaningless. The reason why it happens so rarely up here
is that the vast bulk of the general public don't own or have access to guns
to use as a means of self defence. You might state that information of that
type is kept from public knowledge so people don't get the idea of arming
themselves, but you'd be wrong. I worked with Metro Police for a period and
a close friend of mine, was a sergeant with them at the time. If that type
of thing was happening, I'd have heard about it.

You live where you live and I live here. There's a number of reasons for my
knowledge and experience here to be in excess of what you might believe to
be true, but that's your choice. Believe what you like.