Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
JoanD'arcRoast JoanD'arcRoast is offline

Default Anyone here experienced in (homebrewed) Cryo-Treatment of O-1 ??

In article ,
Ecnerwal wrote:

Nice web page from a highly respected wood tool maker:

http://www.hocktools.com/diyht.htm

Poke around the web a bit and you can also find information on building
a forge to burn charcoal, which might use available materials well if
you build 6-foot bonfires. It's lighter and burns faster than coal on
the one hand, but it's cleaner on the other. Arranging for a forge lets
you actually do controlled heat treating (blacksmith style - still
upsets the furnace types, but works fine for O1 or W1) which is not
well-represented by 2 hours in a bonfire.

I need to go find a non-facist news provider, but if _you_ still get the
alt groups, alt.crafts.blacksmithing, and a little patience, and perhaps
some reading of older posts can also help.

Thank you. I will look into these suggestions.
-j