Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default GM Failure

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message

snip

The examples of BK'd automakers that bit the dust won't wash either. This
is a very viable possibility today because none of the examples cited
represented the end of home grown auto manufacturing in the US. It also
ignores the Chrysler turn around.
People bought K Cars by the thousands at a time when both GM, Ford, and
the media were braying publicly about orphaned vehicles built and sold by
a company that wouldn't survive. Lee Iaccoca sold the press and public.
The rest is now history.

See if your wife doesn't think these guys don't remind her a little of
"small ball" Palin. Especially Gettlefinger. Where in hell did they find
that ignorant bumpkin? I wouldn't buy a car, new OR used, from that
cracker.

The one I want to know about is Wagoner. Jeez, for a guy with such
impressive credentials, he sounds to me like a tier-two PR man. I was
appalled listening to him.

I guess he's better at running a company. Or he was...

--
Ed Huntress