Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default GM Failure

Lew Hartswick wrote:

I'm being pragmatic. I can divorce what is personally good for me from what is good for
the country.

It's too bad the CEOs of the auto co. can't or WONT. :-(
...lew...

Everyone that GM/Ford/Chrysler hands a check to, better get real if they want to salvage
something out of this. That means White collar, Blue Collar, and Retired.

I'm wondering what the PBGC is going to pay if Detroit goes down? That is the starting
point for legacy costs on retired employees.

If I understand it correctly, new hires have a totally different deal than those that have
senority. Seniority needs to give some more up. Top level management needs to give up
something also. Lower level likely has. I don't know what the deal is with the huge
number of contract engineers. (AKA Temps)

Wes