Posted to alt.home.repair
Kuskokwim Kuskokwim is offline

Default How does epoxy spray paint work, and should I paint at all?

On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 00:08:12 -0500, mm wrote:
And... About 12 sqare inches of my washing machine has chipped off
paint with some rust. It's not a removable part, and I can't take the
washer out of the basement. I think I can paint it in 2 minutes of
spraying, 12 or fewer 10-second sprays.

Would you be willing to do this in the basement? I could wear one of
the good? masks, costs about 30 dollars iirc, that has a charcoal
filter that absorbs vapors from paint, solvents, glues, thinners, and
pesticides, it says,

AOSafety, model 95050. Do you think it's safe for 2 minutes. I only
have 40 years left to live anyhow.

You can do it without a spray mask. It's not that toxic.