Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Spacing of guide holes in the 3-hole Kreg Pocket Hole Jig?

Yes, it looks great sittinmg next to my Ritter 911 oscillating 108"
belt edge sander. This sander looks brand new, is something over $3k
new and I got it for $500 from a sad victim of the down turn, an
entire cabinet shop, one of many I see on craigs these days, being
liquidated for pennies on the dollar.

At least the pocket machine was available because it was replaced by a
near new Castle pocket machine at a local shop. Even though that guy
got the Castle for $900 from somebody else who went out of bus.

The Marcom is not quite as nice as the Castle type pocket machine. The
Castles have a router and a drill and put the screw in at 7 degrees
which minimizes the uplift forces when screwing compared to the Kreg
15 degree. The Marcom has the pneumatic hold down but uses a stepped
drill just like a Kreg and I assume its 15 degrees also, haven't
checked.

On Dec 5, 12:36*am, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:
"SonomaProducts.com" *wrote

We I guess I have a gloat. I'll just be making my pocket holes one at
a time with my single head Marcom pocket machine I got for $400!!!
(Thanks craigs list) Just like this one and in brand new shape, extra
bits and on casters.http://tinyurl.com/6jx3ha

A $1700 machine for $400??

That's a deal!