Posted to alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

Default Garage Door erratic in cold weather

"horton" wrote in message
om...
Now that the weather has dropped to the low 30's, my garage door opens up
erratically. When it opens, it stops 1/4 of the way; then I reopen it
again and opens up 1/2 of the way, and so on. There's no problem closing
it, just the opening part. It doesn't do this during hot weather. I've
lubed all the necessary parts, to no avail.

My garage door gets water\condensation between the sections and freezes in
cold weather. In my case that hasn't really been a problem but does effect
the way the door opens.