Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] sligoNoSPAMjoe@hotmail.com is offline

Default Garage Door erratic in cold weather

On 05 Dec 2008 04:53:02 GMT,
(horton) wrote:

Now that the weather has dropped to the low 30's, my garage door opens up
erratically. When it opens, it stops 1/4 of the way; then I reopen it
again and opens up 1/2 of the way, and so on. There's no problem closing
it, just the opening part. It doesn't do this during hot weather. I've
lubed all the necessary parts, to no avail.

As already noted, your first step is to make sure the door works
well without the opener and that it is balanced. It should move
easily an smoothly and you should be able to lift it half way and have
it balance there with no assistance on your part.