Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_2_] John R. Carroll[_2_] is offline

Default Anyone here experienced in (homebrewed) Cryo-Treatment of O-1 ??

"Buerste" wrote in message

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message

"Buerste" wrote in message

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 00:07:25 -0500, "Buerste" wrote:

"JoanD'arcRoast" wrote in message
news:031220081412052869%JoanD'arcRoast@biteme .org...
I shape my wood lathe tools by hand, and then heat treat in a campfire
and quench in used motor oil.

Send me some links if you have something handy, I'll revisit the whole
thing.

Just go over to Glen - it's right down the street from you.
I'd have invited you myself the last time I was there if I'd known you had
an interest Tom.
You will find that they have some of the best metalurgists in the world in
the system. They are also so starved for attention that the really love
genuine interest in their work. The red carpet will be out. I think you
might be surprised at how gracious they would be.
You can also learn how to access the research library.

JC