Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Mark is offline

Default The unvented cylinder annual inspection myth?

On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 10:41:15 GMT, YAPH wrote:

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 17:36:58 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

Even if that were true (which I doubt), a large proportion are unlikely
to ever be heated via the immersion, given the added cost compared to
doing it with the boiler.

I come across a number of places where I find the immersion heater
switched on despite the central heating system working. To many
householders it's just a switch in the airing cupboard that does something
magical and if it happens to be switched on and everything works, they
leave it that way.

My God! I'd hate to see their leccy bill. My immersion was left on by
a "guest" for a few days once and my bill increased by about 30% from
normal.

--
(\__/) M.
See http://improve-usenet.org