Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson Andrew Mawson is offline

Default Neutral cure silicone sealant wind up?

wrote in message

Does anyone know a non-internet sourse of neutral cure silicone
sealant? In/near Glasgow? I asked in Thomas Graham and the man had
clearly never heard of such a thing.

The shower trap I am fitting says to put only neutral cure silicone
sealant between the flange and the shower base since acid ones can
attack the flange. The flange is chrome plated plastic so this

sounds
like a wind up to me.

It's possible - to plate the plastic they first make it conductive
with (usually) a graphite based powder, then plate a sequence of
metals before ending up with the chrome, so it is possible the
underlayers could be attacked. I would'nt loose sleep over it though!!

AWEM