Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default How does epoxy spray paint work, and should I paint at all?

For a long time I've wondered how epoxy spray paint works. I've used
it and it is great, as hard as the paint that came on the washing
machine in the first place, but I thought epoxies were those which
mixed two ingredients at the time of use. Is that true? That doesn't
happen in a spray can does it?

And... About 12 sqare inches of my washing machine has chipped off
paint with some rust. It's not a removable part, and I can't take the
washer out of the basement. I think I can paint it in 2 minutes of
spraying, 12 or fewer 10-second sprays.

Would you be willing to do this in the basement? I could wear one of
the good? masks, costs about 30 dollars iirc, that has a charcoal
filter that absorbs vapors from paint, solvents, glues, thinners, and
pesticides, it says,

AOSafety, model 95050. Do you think it's safe for 2 minutes. I only
have 40 years left to live anyhow.