Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] poison_1024@yahoo.com is offline

Default Why does a faucet slam off after running.

I have a cold line on one sink and a hot line in another sink. After
the water runs for a few seconds, the water "slams" off with a loud
bang. I can then keep the valve where it is (not turn it back to the
original off position) and turn it again in the on direction and it is
fine. The problem just happens from the initial off position to on.
They are old fixtures and one of them started after I tried to repair
a leak. I changed everything from the shutoff valve, flexible copper
tubing, the seat and valve. It does not appear to be house plumbing
problem as fixtures upstream and downstream work fine. Any clues?
Thanks.