Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default California electric rates are getting ridiculous

BobR wrote:

I believe there are safe ways to dispose of it but until a valid
plan is in place to do so, we have no damn business creating yet
more waste. Right now, there is nothing but stockpiling the stuff in
holding areas that are an ever increasing hazard to everyone. Find a
solution, prove it, implement it and then lets talk about building
new facilities. Until then, NO!

We HAVE a plan!

The plan is to NOT dispose of the stuff until we HAVE to dispose of
the stuff. At the moment we can no longer safely store the waste,
we'll pick from competing alternatives. Until then, it is prudent
and responsible to wait for any alternative methods that haven't yet
made it to the party.

NOT disposing of nuclear waste is far preferable to disposing of it
the wrong way.- Hide quoted text -

That's not a plan, its a disaster just waiting to happen. It just
plain stupid and anyone with half a brain would recognize that. What
you have just said is that you don't have a valid alternative for
disposal so you just ignore the problem in the hope that some way will
eventually be found BEFORE a disaster occurs.

There are MANY valid alternatives - some I've mentioned here. It is
incorrect to say there are no alternatives in the disposal matrix and it is
likewise incorrect to say there is no plan. The plan is to wait until it is
time to make a decision.

Fortunately, with the new administration, the official plan becomes "Hope."
The strategy to achieve the goals of this plan is "Belive," and the
principle tactic to implement this strategy is "Yes, we can!"