Posted to alt.home.repair

Default California electric rates are getting ridiculous

We must immediately halt all production of electric cars, until the
pollution and waste problem is solved. What to do with all the huge
batteries, after two or three years. Car batteries at present are 4 to 5
years, and they are shallow discharge. Deep cycle trolling batteries (or
some new technology) will need to be replaced every few years. Think of the
children!

In my own unscientific texts, ethanol is a major loser. My van gets 18 MPG
on gasoline, and 15.5 MPG on ethanol. What that means, is that I burn MORE
petroleum with gasohol than I do by burning pure gasoline. I lose more than
10% mileage, on the 10% ethanol.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"RickH" wrote in message

You think they are high now, just wait till every hippie in CA is
driving a Chevy Volt. The problem with most environmentalists is that
they will protest for electric cars or ethanol, etc. then realize
later that the laws of thermodynamics are still in effect. The
gasoline-burned energy that pushes your car 60 miles, is the same
amount of electric energy needed to push your car 60 miles on a
charge.

Yes if electric cars become the norm, then nuclear will have to be
increased. I live around Chicago where we have the highest
concentration of nuclear plants anywhere in the US, they are perfectly
safe, and the newer plants are even safer.