Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - Is it really worth saving any more?

Upscale wrote:

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
Who cares that some countries do not allow guns to be commonplace. That
has nothing at all to do with the point

.... snip

I live in Toronto Canada. Much of the "gun news" lately has revolved
around people getting shot just because they were standing in wrong place
at the wrong time.

Why, how can this be? Canada has very strict gun control laws and
requires all handguns to be licensed and issues permits for carry under
only very rare circumstances.

While gangs and criminals have certainly been involved
in a number of these shootings, a fair amount of those shootings were done
by ordinary law abiding citizens who decided to carry a gun that day.

In fair turnabout, do you have some supporting data for that assertion?

There's really only one way to deal with that.

And you know what? I like to think about winning the lottery and likely
relocating to the US somewhere. Somewhere they don't get snow or our
frequent frigid winter temperatures. But you know what else? If I did move
down to the US, sad to say that one of the first things I'd do was look
into getting licensed and buying myself a gun for protection.

I think that's a sad state of affairs and a poor reflection of the little
knowledge I do have about living in US society.

That reflects a very limited knowledge of life here.