Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default California electric rates are getting ridiculous

On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 16:39:03 -0600, dpb wrote:

Oren wrote:
Harry "Pinky" Reid says Yucca Mountain will not open.

Oh, it _will_ open, the question is just how much longer Harry can keep
dragging it out. There simply isn't a viable alternative any longer and
it is inevitable imo there will begin to be brownouts before we final
get past the quagmire which is (also imo) only going to deepen w/ the
next adminstration which will focus on the utopian dreams which will
turn out to be unrealizable in time if ever. At that point, public
opinion will change dramatically and Harry won't matter any longer.

Harry don't matter anyway, imo. I think completion is due in 2020?
Just a layman here, BUT there are a lot of transport problems to be
faced in our future. Particularly trucking and train safety.

pictures, etc., ... did quite a bit of work there years ago thru
consulting firm was working for at the time.

What about earthquakes at Yucca Mt.?

Just yesterday Vegas had a small quake.

"LAS VEGAS -- A 2.6 magnitude earthquake could be felt across the
Valley Wednesday night, according to the National Earthquake Center.

The minor earthquake originated from the area of East Lake Mead and
North Nellis boulevards, near Nellis Air Force Base."

http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/18199923/detail.html