Posted to alt.home.repair
BobR BobR is offline

Default California electric rates are getting ridiculous

On Dec 4, 4:00*pm, dpb wrote:
BobR wrote:

I believe there are safe ways to dispose of it but until a valid plan
is in place to do so, we have no damn business creating yet more
waste. *Right now, there is nothing but stockpiling the stuff in
holding areas that are an ever increasing hazard to everyone. *Find a
solution, prove it, implement it and then lets talk about building new
facilities. *Until then, NO!

Unfortunately, we need the power now and the problem to be solved is
primarily political, not technical.

As noted upthread, Reid has been using Yucca Mountain as his own
personal populist whipping boy to his personal advantage for nearly 30
years. *Once it does finally open and we can move stuff from the spent
fuel pools, there really is no crisis as far as ultimate disposal by
whatever means is finally allowed. *Again, that will primarily be a
political, not technical decision.

--

We already have more nuclear waste waiting to be disposed of that can
be put into the Yucca Mountain site if it were opened tomorrow and it