Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default California electric rates are getting ridiculous

clipped

Greenies throw up any smoke screen they can think of. I remember a
big objection here was heat from reactor would raise water temperature
and hurt the fishies. Now, a few decades later, the same people are
crying about pollution from the big coal generator we have, which
would have never been needed if we got the nuke plant ;(

I'm not a "greenie", I'm just a person who would like to conserve
supplies of food, water and fuel for future generations. The "fishies"
are badly depleted in many places ... cod in Atlantic, grouper and
others in Florida, from overfishing. Dams in the northwest have harmed
fisheries, as has drought ..... downstream is much of California and the
desert S.W. Ethanol was great until it disturbed food markets, and it
consumes huge amounts of water, which is a big problem for SE and Florida.

Someone said we should just keep the nuclear waste until we develop
technology to make it safe..........nukes take fuel, too.