Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Need help - no signal from TV antenna in the attic

On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 15:31:10 -0500, RickMerrill
put finger to keyboard and composed:

wrote:
Hi,
I just moved in to the new house. There is a 4-way coax splitter in
the attic, which has one input and four outputs (to different rooms).

Every 4-way I have seen has actually been an amplifier - look at it
from all sides and see if there is a power connection: it would probably
be DC power from a 'wall-wart' located elsewhere.

This one is passive:
http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.st.../product/L4664

AIUI, a 4-way splitter will have at least 6dB insertion loss, so this
may account for the difference between a borderline good signal and a
non-existent one.

- Franc Zabkar