Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Shower works but bath doesn't. Sterling fixture, 1973

On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 01:36:17 -0500, Chris
wrote:

So if I take out the guts, I probably have to leave the water off
while I go to the store. HOpefully it will only be the water to the
bathtub, but if she hasn't enough valves, it may be the water to the
whole house. If her house were my house this wouldn't matter,
becasue when I'm at the store, I don't need water.

Chris

There is no reason to shut the water off to change the diverter valve out if you
have a three valve system.

OH, yeah. Duh. I can only hope I would have figured that out once I
got there.

Maybe it's normal for someone with an ex-girlfriend who looks like a
diverter stem to be fixated on her valves. I hope so.

Chris