Posted to alt.home.repair
RickH RickH is offline

Default California electric rates are getting ridiculous

On Dec 3, 10:25*pm, "scorpster" wrote:
I just received a notice from California Edison that Tier 3, 4 and 5 rates
are increasing AGAIN in the first quarter of 2009. *My electric bill is
typically $400 a month. *I don't think very many people fall into Tier 1 or
2. *Here's what really ****es me off: the electric utilities fail to take
advantage of clean nuclear power. *They keep wasting our money on natural
gas, wind power, and all kinds of inefficient "green" ideas but they are
blind to nuclear power. *If we had nuclear power we'd only be paying a
fraction of the price and it would be good for the environment!!

You think they are high now, just wait till every hippie in CA is
driving a Chevy Volt. The problem with most environmentalists is that
they will protest for electric cars or ethanol, etc. then realize
later that the laws of thermodynamics are still in effect. The
gasoline-burned energy that pushes your car 60 miles, is the same
amount of electric energy needed to push your car 60 miles on a
charge.

Yes if electric cars become the norm, then nuclear will have to be
increased. I live around Chicago where we have the highest
concentration of nuclear plants anywhere in the US, they are perfectly
safe, and the newer plants are even safer.