Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET is offline

Default Update: Octagonal bar stock

On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 18:31:25 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

A couple folks asked me to update my progress on this topic. I was
looking for octagonal aluminum stock to make tension adjusting knobs for
carbon fiber bows for stringed instruments.

Weight is such an
issue in the violin bows that the tension screws are titanium, which
combined with the finned knob, saved about 1.5 grams.

Do they balance feel like a regular bow?

Can a local luthier rehair it or must it be returned to you - not that
I'm in the market, just idle curiosity.

RWL