Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Mark is offline

Default Cat 5 wiring

"aemeijers" wrote in message
HeyBub wrote:
mark wrote:
Greetings Again All,
Am I the only one who has a hard time crimping connectors onto cat 5
cable? I have a cat 5 crimping tool and follow the instructions, but
my success rate is pretty low. Any hints??? Thanks, Mark

If it's any help, you only need four of the eight connectors for computer
work. Also, once the connector checks out, we fill the back of the
connector with hot glue.

We finally gave up on that **** (unless it's a really long run) and buy
cables from Cyberguys.

http://www.cyberguys.com/

Agreed. Premade cables are so cheap now, that even if you leave 20 feet
coiled up in a dead space, that it usually isn't worth the hassle to roll
your own, unless you just want to know you can. Mebbe if you do it all day
every day- but for us once-in-a-blue-moon folks with aging eyesight- well,
I've only got so many years left.

--
aem sends...

Thanks to all for the help. I'll try the advice, and if all else fails,
cyberguys it is....