Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Mark is offline

Default Cat 5 wiring

"dpb" wrote in message ...
mark wrote:
Greetings Again All,
Am I the only one who has a hard time crimping connectors onto cat 5
cable? I have a cat 5 crimping tool and follow the instructions, but my
success rate is pretty low. Any hints??? Thanks, Mark

Sure you have the correct die for the specific cable and connectors you're
using? They're _very_ specific and dependent on precisely the correct
dimensions of each constituent component--lead, shield, jacket diameters.
Also, making the cuts and strips accurately is important. For more than
just one or two, the time/effort saved for the tool is worth the
investment imo.

What, specifically kinds of problem(s) are you having?

--

I have a pair of Ideal Telemaster pliers #30-496. They are made for cat 5
and telco cables, a different area for each type of connector. I'm using