Posted to alt.home.repair
Erik[_4_] Erik[_4_] is offline

Default Source of 60hz-ish electrical hum?

In article ,
Bob M wrote:

While trying to connect wireless speakers for the Xmas season I noticed that
on the receiver end I get a distinct hmmmmmmmm. I tried different plugs
and turned off all the fluorescent lights I could find. Still there.
Also I don't think any appliances and/or chargers were functioning at the
time either.

Can some of you please suggest what other areas I might check?

Light dimmers are a possible source.

It's also possible the origin, whatever it may be, isn't even on your
property.

Old wireless 'AM' intercoms were notorious for picking up 60Hz hum's.

Good Luck,

Erik