Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel[_2_] Doctor Drivel[_2_] is offline

Default The unvented cylinder annual inspection myth?

"Tim Downie" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"Tim Downie" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"Tim Downie" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"fred" wrote in message
In article , Reentrant
writes

Not really the same but this is what happened when the
Mythbusters deliberately disabled all the safety features on an
American-style water heater:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekEHfihiNz4

Oh god, tell me it's not the one where they had to weld it shut
and upgrade it to 10kW to get it to do what their agenda wanted
it to?

10kW was so they did not wait too long. It did go booooom.

Very poor science then.

I am not interested in the science, it went boom. Big boom.

I think that says it all.

It said boom.

I think someone who puts themselves forward as some sort of heating expert
but doesn't understand the importance of good science is a lot scarier.

It think it amazing when someone doesn't know when something goes boom.