Posted to alt.home.repair
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default Heating new basement, electric or propane?

That might be something to consider -- so long as you don't require a
blower -- having the non electric source of heat might some day come in
handy.

I have electric shop heat, and propane furnace house heat. I'm thinking to
add a wood stove to the shop.

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
m...

"Art Todesco" wrote in message
I am building a new home in the western mountains of NC. I have a full
basement, of which, the front is at ground level and the rear is
completely underground. The house will be heated via heat pump and backup
heat strips. The basement is divided into 4 spaces, a 2 car garage and 3
rooms. The 3 rooms are framed but not drywalled ... not yet, anyway.
Check out:

You may want to go with propane just so you will have a source of heat if
the power goes out.