Posted to sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

Default Analogue Video to DTV Conversion ...

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

snip

I can't help you with what you want, but may be able to help you with
something that works.

Look up "WinFast TV Pro II Leadtek". It's one of many devices that are
designed to share a computer monitor with your video needs. It has
RF, S-Video and composite inputs and outputs VGA type RGB signals.

I use a ReplayTV 4500 for just such a purpose; its handling of composite
and y/c, component, and RF video in, and a flawless conversion to progressive
VGA out, is unique in my opinion - these inputs can be directly routed
to output (outputs also include composite, y/c, and component) or handled
by the digitizing chain (recorded, streamed over ethernet, etc.)

Used prices may make this a useful alternative.

Michael