Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ardent Ardent is offline

Default Screw in flourescent light bulbs.

On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 11:01:28 -0600, wrote:

I only two of them in my house.One in my kitchen and the other one in my
bathroom, I never turn them off.Just now I was in my kitchen getting me
a ''cold one''.That flourscent light bulb blipped a couple of times.What
does that suppose to mean?

I have been playing with the circuits for a while and IMHO there is a
possibility of a dead short when bad spikes occur in the supply.

http://www.pavouk.org/hw/lamp/en_index.html

There are two MJE13003 connected across the supply and I suppose they
are to only alternatively. By any chance if they conduct at the same
time even for an instant you had it.

All the circuits I built had short lives when I connected to bad
supplies.

My 2 cents

--
Thanks for your time